I think my little collage, Evolution, is surreal, but just to be sure I checked the definition.
- of, related to, or characteristic of surrealism
- bizarre; fantastic; grotesque
So then I checked out surrealism — just to be sure.
a modern movement in art and literature, in which an attempt is made to portray or interpret the workings of the unconscious mind as manifested in dreams: it is characterized by an irrational, fantastic arrangement of material
While we're discussing surreal, I've been tagged again to tell you something unusual or different about me. I really am flattered and honored to be chosen by Toni Curtis and by Cheryl Strait, but that pesky little inner voice says, "what else can you say? there's nothing interesting or unique about you!" Maybe so, but my bigger ego voice says, "of course you're interesting! come on, there's lots of unique stuff you've never shared before!" I don't know which voice is winning, but here goes. I am supposed to tell 6 (okay, one of the blogs says 7, but we're going with 6!) different or unusual things about myself.
- I definitely have a "Princess and the Pea" persona. I really am particular about what touches my skin. I can't say everything has to be 100% cotton or silk, but it has to be pretty close. You know the wooden handles on beach chairs? Yuck! I have to cover them with my cotton beach wrap before my tender forearms will touch them.
- I talk to myself. Really! And answer too! Maybe it's crazy, but I've had some of my best conversations with myself.
- I change my hair color often. Usually it's a shade of red which is my natural color, but not always. I've gone from dark brunette to blonde. My husband says it makes life interesting. (Well, that's not what he actually said, but I don't think I better write that here.)
- I'm addicted to American Idol. That's probably not odd since I am a singer, but I love the show.
- If I like a movie or a TV show, I'll watch it again and again. In fact, I can't fall asleep at night unless I'm playing one of my old favorite movies or TV shows. Usually, I will fall asleep within 5 minutes after hitting the play button. However, if my husband comes in and turns on the news or one of the late night show, I'll wake right up!
- Oh my gosh! I have to come up with 1 more thing. Okay, here's something. For a while, I lived in a house built in 1902 by Asa Candler, the founder of Coca-Cola ... but that's a whole other story!
Well, that's it. Ciao!